How Painful is Brazilian Waxing?13 August 2021
Let’s not sugarcoat it and admit that getting the smooth skin down there is a challenge. However, by taking a few precautions and mentally preparing yourself, you can reduce the agony. The pain is acceptable if you choose a standard bikini wax, which removes the hair along the bikini line. A Brazilian wax, which removes all of the hair (including the hair on your behind), or an L.A. bikini wax, which removes the majority of the hair (including the hair on your backside). Bikini waxing, in which two strips of hair are left along the labia (similar to an airway strip at LAX airport), is very painful, particularly around the labia.
There are, however, certain things you can do to alleviate the pain.
- Bikini waxing should not be done around the time of your menstruation cycle. Waxing your bikini is more painful around this time.
- Don’t allow your hair to grow out too long between waxing visits is a bad idea. The more hair you have, the more painful it will be. If necessary, trim the hair (but not too short). Leave the hair about a quarter-inch long.
- Avoid going to a low-cost walk-in salon. Those who give it a go will be brave enough to return to the salon. Go to a nice salon where the estheticians are licenced.
- Don’t go swimming or engage in sexual activity right after your wax. Unless you prefer feeling raw and burned in your gut.
- Don’t try to accomplish it on your own. Bruising, discolouration (from overheated wax), and skin damage are all possible side effects. Constricting yourself into positions that are suitable for waxing the bikini area is difficult.
- 1 or 2 hours before your appointment, take an Advil.
- Exhale deeply as the esthetician quickly removes the wax strip. It will appear that you are performing Lamaze during giving delivery, but it will assist you to focus on something other than the agony.
- Before and after your wax, make sure the esthetician cleans the area and applies a soothing oil or cream.
- Make sure the esthetician isn’t using a wax applicator that has been double-dipped. For each wax application, she should use a fresh one. If not, get out of there! Any germs on your skin, as well as bacteria on the skin of other clients, is transmitted from the applicator to the wax, which is subsequently transferred to you.
- Exfoliate the affected region on a regular basis. After your appointment, wait two days. Exfoliating the region can help prevent ingrown hairs, which can be uncomfortable. To keep the pores free, apply benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid cream to the area.
Don’t worry, bikini waxing becomes easier with each appointment. Have fun waxing and get ready to experience a painless waxing from the! Click here on how to prepare for your next Brazilian Waxing.
Plaza Indonesia is NOW OPEN! Book an appointment with us here: https://tinyurl.com/x97jmss2