9 Tips to Keep Your Skin Glowing in Ramadan28 June 2016
Ramadan this year comes in one of the hottest months of the summer. Fasting for long hours along with the hot weather and lack of fluids, might lead to skin damage and dryness. This is exactly why you should be taking extra care of your skin during this holy month. In order to enjoy a radiant skin, checkout these nine tips to keep your skin glowing in Ramadan.
1. Make sure to drink not less than 8 cups of water (or more if possible). Other fluids work as well, whether the traditional Ramadan drinks or even a cup of green tea. They can do magic as well as rejuvenate your skin!
2. If your skin is sensitive to dairy products, avoid drinking lots of milk because it can enhance pimples and acne.
3. Limit your intake of caffeine in terms of soda, coffee and tea as they can easily absorb minerals and fluids from your body, which will leave your skin dry.
4. Ramadan is known for its sugar-loaded desserts such as Kunafa and Atayef etc… Be careful, and don’t eat large portions as they might cause pimples.
5. Many of us can pretty much neglect the area around their eyes and that’s when dark circles appear. In order to enjoy a flawless complexion, make sure to moisturize the area around your eyes by resting cool tea bags on it three times per week, not to mention sleeping well and applying eye cream.
6. Try to engage more salads, vegetables and grilled meat/chicken into your daily Iftar, instead of fatty, fried and heavy food. Why? Sticking with the healthier version helps you get a clear skin, which isn’t only glowing but also acne free.
7. Make sure to apply sufficient amount of sunscreen if you’re running errands. Also you might need to re-apply if you’re exposed to the sun for a long period.
8. Eat more nuts like almonds and cashews! Since they’re pretty much around every house during Ramadan, it’s a great idea to stock up on them. They’ll rejuvenate your skin as they’re rich in fibers and fatty acids.
9. When you wash your face with slightly hot water or normal soup, make sure to moisturize your skin afterwards by applying facial creams and lotions to make it smoother.
Taken from: http://fustany.com/en/beauty/skincare/nine-tips-to-keep-your-skin-glowing-in-ramadan