10 Makeup Tricks You Need to Know12 October 2016
We all put on makeup (at least some of the time), but is your technique yielding the best possible results? Here, Kimberly Soane, the director of artistry at Bobbi Brown, offers up some simple pointers to make sure we’re using everything from concealer to bronzer to mascara right.
- Never put concealer or foundation on your eyelids as a base, it will cause your eye makeup to crease.
- Use your fingers to apply your foundation if you want sheer coverage and a brush if you more polished, medium to full coverage.
- Always apply powder where you are shiniest first, which it usually your T-zone, with a very light dusting everywhere else.
- You should put bronzer on your neck, face, and chest to even out your skin tone. Be sure to take a step back and make sure everything is the same color.
- When applying blush, first smile, then start on the apple of the cheek, blend the blush back towards the top of the ear, then down toward the jawline.
- Always apply your brow pencil or powder to the upper portion of the eyebrow to lift your face up.
- You want to make sure your lipstick is not too defined at your cupid’s bow (the top of your lip), and that it goes all the way out to the inner corners of your mouth. Be sure to press down hard as you apply.
- Always start with a base shadow without any shimmer that matches the lightest skin tone on your face and apply all over your lid up to the brow. You should use this base shadow to make sure the darker shadows used on your lid up to the crease are properly blended.
- Instead of looking straight ahead at the mirror, get as close to it as possible, stick your head up and bring your chin toward the mirror. You want to look down as you apply, starting at the inner corner and making sure to go all the way out to the fold on the outside of the eye.
- You don’t want to do quick soft motions when you apply mascara. Instead, jam the wand into the root of the lash and do zigzag motions as you go up.
Article Source: http://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/news/a14927/makeup-tips/