Getting a Sun-Kissed Skin Tone17 October 2016
The jury is still out on the most popular skin colour this season. For some ladies, they simply love fair skin and go to all lengths to stay out of the sun. There are those who love to sport a sun-kissed skin tone. With technology, there is no need to spend hours in the sun just to get a tan! See how Kim Kardashian shows off her sun-kissed skin on Instalgram here http://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/news/a17704/kim-kardashian-naked-spray-tan/
It may be tough for one who has fair skin to understand why anyone would want to have a sun-tanned skin tone. For a long time, bodybuilders have been darkening their bodies for the competition. Apparently muscles appear more prominent on darker than on lighter skin tones. A tan also helps to make them look leaner and the slimming effect occurs on all body types so even if you don’t have a well-chiselled body, you could benefit from it. One other important reason they spray tan their bodies is to hide the awful stretch marks resulting from their intensive trainings. For those with cellulite, you’ll be happy to know that a spray tan will help to cover them too.
If you plan to get a spray tan so you can sport a sun-kissed skin tone on your next beach escapade, you may want to take note of some of these points.
- Avoid using moisturiser and deodorant before your spray tan appointment as it will form a barrier on your skin to absorb the spray tan.
- Avoid getting wet for 1 to 2 hours after a spray tan. If it is raining the day of your appointment, ensure you have a large umbrella to cover you.
- Avoid activities that naturally exfoliate the skin, such as baths or swimming in chlorinated waters for 12 hours after your spray tan.
- Avoid excessive perspiration for 12 hours after a spray tan.
- Always shave or wax at least 24 hours prior to a spray tan appointment as hair removal may cause the spray tan to look patchy.
- Wear dark, loose clothing and slippers after a spray tan.
- Your spray tan professional will advise when you can shower, depending on the level of colour depth and your skin condition.
- Keep your skin as moisturised as possible after the spray tan. This will increase the longevity of the tan and help you avoid the tan wearing off in patches due to dry skin.